5/31/2011

A Fireside Moment with Fish Boogie.

It's been awhile folks. This update is about some Q&A's I'm sure many of you have about me--considering that the majority of the time I am either busy spinning behind the tables at jams or I am stuck hiding in my room/cave/lab where nobody can seem to find me. One day I will be man enough to say all the things I want to say when I do get interviews in the future, for now this'll work.. kinda:

Q: So what got you into DJing?

A: Hmm.. well music is the only thing out there that really makes me happy. If it didn't involve music I struggled with it, plain and simple. I don't like numbers or facts, I just like the way music is interpreted to a person because there really isn't a right or wrong way of taking it in. DJing has a way of being the messenger of the past, you can dig up shit thats from the 1950's or from whatever period it came from and still be appreciated till this day. You can't forget a melody the way you forget the facts.

Q: Describe your style. What/who has influenced your style to what it is today?

A: Organic Funk. If you don't like anything funky or you got seatbelts on, you won't like me. If you're like me and loves listening to everything and anything out there, you'll definitely dig what I got to offer.

Q: One piece of advice for any up and coming DJ's?

A: I was watching this interview with J-Rocc from the Beat Junkies whose words still ring true to me till this day, which is to "stick with it." All it takes is a little luck with being in the right place at the right time... everything else will fall into place. Everyone's got the opportunity to make shit happen, you just gotta increase your chances of that happening.

Funny thing is, even after writing all of this I figure I will MOST LIKELY not even answer the same if this was all being done elsewhere. Maybe this pseudo-interview will come up again sometime in the future (highly unlikely but it would kick ass) or it can be mentioned again. This could be the start to something great!

Mixtapes: I KNOW a lot of you guys have been waiting on me to get off my ass and finish this damn thing! I know I've been busy, I think I've just been enjoying life too much to be working at the moment... It's just a phase folks, I'll be back soon.


EDIT: I edited some of the answers because I had actually thought about the questions some more after doing some "reinventing of myself.." I'd still most likely use a different answer each time I get interviewed though. lol..

-FB

No comments: