5/03/2011

Time to stop dehumanizing myself and being more personable

I've finally come to terms with myself, and one thing I missed most about my life is writing and documenting the things I do on a day to day basis. There is a certain feeling and understanding one gets from reading the words from someone else on a blog entry (journal, diary.. etc.) versus putting the pieces together from comments and "likes."

To become someone that matters in this world now is.. very difficult. People have their own belief systems, networks, bubbles that don't reach as far out as they used to. It is a very strange thing to think that because of this technology, it should be easier to connect A and B together because the internet made the world flat... right?

Inversely, it has caused us to only pay attention to details that matter to us. Nothing new or foreign ever seems to matter anymore, just whatever goes on in/out your circle, anything big, annoying, awesome.. it just doesn't occur to us that in the bigger spectrum of things, we have all put ourselves in a box and we didn't even know it.

Honestly it's been awhile since I've had the chance to sit down and just.. write. I don't want to be the "all amazing upcoming craze" that gets the spotlight only momentarily. I think it's worth much more if people follow me understanding my human capabilities instead of this inhuman figure that seems to do everything right (all the time)..

I think by writing to the world, honestly and with no doubts, people will get me. I laugh and cry at the same shit everyone else does, I just happen to DJ, and I just happened to try to do what I love doing for a living, that's it.

My updates on this blog used to be only about posting new music, mixtapes, free shit that anyone can come through and say "thanks dude.. Adios, I'll never see/hear you again!" I think it's time I rekindled this fire for writing and put those thoughts onto paper (err.. blog entry)!

If you've liked what I've done in the past, if you think there are somethings I can do better.. hit me up! I'd be more than willing to hear you out, chop it up, trade music.. whatever is clever.. Stay up!

-FB

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wuv you pishie!!!

Unknown said...

I like this change of direction, Sean. Looking forward to hearing more from you!