10/13/2008

Murs: Murs for President = Dew from the Heavens!

No hate, but much to appreciate.

Murs has been on the come up since I've been checking out his shit from Murs3:16 and the Felt album with Slug (Felt: A Tribute to Lisa Bonet, which I felt was also a decent album to begin with). I stopped listening to him-no specific reason, just stayed away from hip hop for awhile-and suddenly it hit me when I was watching MTV Jams today while studying for my Psych midterm for Wednesday: He's on MTV... the fuck?

Instantly I began listening and watching; his crazy-ass mismatched hair instinctively caught my attention after that Jackson 5 sample began hitting. "Oh man... oh man..."

A lot of the choppiness sounding samples may irritate some, but in a sense I have this growing interest in it (ever since I left the 9th wonder phase, I felt like anything sounding choppy was shit, off-sounding and unappealing, as well as sloppy) once again and I feel like much the album was smoothened out, meaning there was a strong groove with the uses of the deep kick that is used pretty much in every song-hell, I like it though!

Being a DJ that looks more for the beat than lyricist at all... I'd have to rate this album a solid 4/5. Could be better, but hell, he's on the come up!

1 comment:

Blang Blang said...

wth are u talkin bout! Why u biggin up the album Murs sold out on!? hahaha. dude i just ran across ur page. I'm at work and i'm bored off my ass. so you an thank me later for posting a comment on your DEAD blog. jk

-billy....1742billy