10/22/2008

Results are in!!

Thanks for all those who voted for my next mixtape. From the looks of it, it will be a bboying session mixtape, plenty of breaks, soul, funk, you know, all that good stuff. ;) Now I don't think I will be able to work on this until later on this week, only because school's been roundhouse-kicking my face back and forth, thus requiring myself to attend to other matters.. But yes, regardless, you will all receive a kick-ass mixtape created by yours truly, and I have high hopes for this new one. :) Expect great things, and don't forget to tell all your mothers that I'm going to make the greatest mixtape of all time. That is all I ask.

In the coming weeks I will be flying out to Las Vegas for two jams, the Vegas Shakedown as well as Claws Out: III, both of whom are being thrown by good friends of mine. Hopefully things turn out great while I'm out there, I'll be sure to take lots of photos to show everyone out here to expand, and learn the benefits of traveling and seeing what's out in the world, because really, we only live once.

I believe as normal human beings, we tend to forget that we are all merely specks of living matter in a universe that is far too large for any of us to comprehend. We have oceans still unconquered, continents of which we have not been in, the skies that are seemingly endless that move over our heads without realizing it... What is really out there, in this place we call "Earth?"

I want to know what it means to live. I want to see, indulge in, experience cultures that I have never been to... I want to know how it feels to be where nobody has ever been to, tell stories that anyone would enjoy, live to dine in places where foods I eat normally originated (Italian pasta from Italy? Japanese food from Japan? Greek in Greece?). I want to visit the Seven Wonders of the World, get photos, and be satisfied.

Naturally I feel like yes, it is A LOT of time and money that needs to be put in this, but someway, somehow, I will make it happen. I truly will.

No comments: