3/12/2009

YIK! No new updates... shame on me!

Alas, I am sitting here in my underwear contemplating whether or not to cram for the last hour or so before I head out for one of my finals that I didn't really go to in my Scandinavian Children's Literature class. I suppose a lot of things have been happening since I last posted an update a few weeks ago:

1. Fat Laces - Truly a fun experience up in Shoreline, it was great to know that I was doing well off after the first hour, then slowly started keeping the same pace or so the rest of the event. Looking out into the crowd and seeing that everyone else is feeling what I was playing made my night (despite frantically looking for the next song to play... it's such a pain!). You can peep the battles I Djed for on youtube at www.recbattles.com.

2. Winter Storm - This dude was shady! I'm not even going to lie, first off, PLEASE never promise someone a certain amount of money, not contact them UNTIL the day before your event, and have your DJ call YOU instead of yourself (it's your job promoter!!). Good thing I declined his offer of a meager $75 + a contract saying he would happily pay the rest of the money within "a week or so"--I really can't trust guys like these... I've lost so much money in the past from these type of guys!!!!!!! From this event I lost $25 from canceling a lousy hotel down there... thanks a bunch man!

3. LAX - Schools For Fools - WOO! First event I will be spinning at out of state! I really am excited to see what it's like out there, knowing that most of my music will be much different from what they normally play since Seattle has a different scene compared to the LAX area. Hoping to meet lots of new people down there and fully appreciating the essence of traveling and sightseeing... and it's only one week away! SHEESH!

4. Vegas? I should be flying out again there sometime in April, just have to make a few contacts to see if that's still going down, yet again, I will be excited for that most definitely!

5. Misc. Events - Music4Life, a semi-formal, and maybe a few parties are heading my way just in this springtime. I really haven't been digging around for new joints for the club, so I should be getting on that, stat.


No comments: