3/23/2009

Schools For Fools 3



So, I am sitting here spending my last night, surrounded mostly by people I have just met during the course of last weekend, many of whom which it is the first time actually hanging out with. Just to reflect, there's just a few new things I have learned from traveling out here to the LAX:

-Try to communicate your needs directly and immediately. There had been times where I had felt utterly isolated amongst a group of people I have met for the first time-with it I usually forget their names if there's too many people-and actually become... quiet? I realized that for some reason I actually start feeling uncomfortable about being there, despite being someone who's open.

-I'm starting to really feel the adrenaline rush and enjoyment in spinning out of state. I literally felt shaky, nervous and sweaty standing behind the turntables. There was this tingling sensation that made me feel like, "hey, I am probably the most important person in this room right now... cool!"

-LA Korean BBQ is indeed one of the best places I have eaten at in my life. Not only did I get the opportunity to eat it once, but in fact, I ate it twice! Firstly, the $12.99 deal for unlimited bbq is ridiculous... with about 6-8 different choices of meats, it's really hard to go wrong. The restaurant afterward however was pretty tasty too. I can truly understand why LA was the originators of the Korean Galbi.

-MIXTAPES AND BUSINESS CARDS ARE CRUCIAL! Let me tell you... sheesh, I just know I need to go out and make more more more!!

-FB

No comments: